About the Financial Literacy Forum 2014
The Investor Education Centre (IEC) hosted the "Financial Literacy Forum 2014" on 10 November. With the theme "Advancing financial education through collaboration and innovation", the forum advocated for a Hong Kong strategy focused on increasing financial literacy and promote collaboration amongst stakeholders.
Over 150 local and overseas practitioners and distinguished guests representing different sectors, which include government agencies, financial regulators, financial services institutions and providers, academia, community organisations and consumer advocacy groups, participated in the forum to share their views and experiences on the following topics:
- Key role of financial literacy and its socio-economic benefits for Hong Kong
- Netherlands case study regarding the objectives, benefits and challenges of forming a national strategy for financial literacy
- Is there a need for Hong Kong SAR to have a strategy for financial literacy?
- Is financial education being taught in school now? At what level should we start financial education?
- Is financial education the responsibility of teachers or parents? What are the challenges in teaching and the gaps in skills or resources for teachers and parents?
- What are the issues arising from an increase in life expectancy and the ageing population?
- How does Hong Kong's retirement income framework differ from other countries?
|Free of charge and by invitation only||English||Auditorium, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
56/F, Two International Finance Centre
Central, Hong Kong